Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Finding Hope in the Battle with Addiction
Castleview Hospital has partnered with StepOne Service to provide an inpatient, hospital-based, three-to-five day acute withdrawal management service. This service is available to adults requiring medical management of withdrawal symptoms from alcohol and/or opioids.
Acute withdrawal management is provided to individuals who are in impending or early stages of acute withdrawal at the time of hospital admission. The goal is to medically assist the individual through the withdrawal process and help them navigate the transition to an appropriate level of community-based addiction treatment that can address the underlying causes of their substance use disorder.
What is acute withdrawal management?
As the first phase in the recovery process, the StepOne Service is a hospital-based, three-to-five day acute withdrawal management service. Provided at Castleview Hospital, it is for adults who are in the impending or early stage of withdrawal from alcohol and/or opioids. The service:
- Requires voluntary admission to the hospital.
- Provides round-the-clock medical care by the hospitalist team and nurses at Castleview Hospital.
- Uses protocol-specific medications to reduce the severity of withdrawal symptoms and keep you as comfortable as possible.
- Is provided in partnership with Evergreen Healthcare Partners, LLC
Individuals seeking treatment through the StepOne Service must be committed to staying in the hospital until they are medically stable. Once discharged from
the hospital, they must be motivated to continue addiction treatment by transitioning to a service based in the community.
An individual entering the StepOne Service will undergo:
- Telephone pre-screening
- In-person assessment
- Admission to the medical unit at Castleview Hospital
- Acute withdrawal management
- Individualized discharge planning
- Post-discharge follow-up
For information on how to be admitted, call the StepOne Service coordinator at 435.636.4808. You can also complete the online form to schedule a pre-screening call.
Most insurance plans are accepted.