Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Chest Pain Awareness
Having Chest Pain & Symptoms? Call 911 – We'll bring Emergency Services to your home!
Heart attacks have beginnings. These beginnings occur in more than 50% of patients. Most importantly, if recognized in time, these “beginnings” can be treated before the heart is damaged!
- Heart disease causes approximately 1 of 4 deaths in the United States.
- About 50% of sudden cardiac deaths occur outside a hospital with 70% of out-of-hospital cardiac arrests happening at home. This suggests that many people don’t act on early warning signs.
- Survey results show that only 27% of the respondents were aware of all major symptoms and knew to call 911.
By sharing Early Heart Attack Education (EHAC), we can change these sobering statistics!
For more information please visit http://www.castleview.ehaconline.com
Early signs and symptoms that can begin hours or days before a heart attack. You may or may not experience any or all of these symptoms. You may experience mild chest symptoms, such as pressure, burning, aching or tightness. These symptoms may come and go until finally becoming constant and severe.
- Pain that travels down one or both arms
- Jaw pain
- Chest pressure, squeezing or discomfort
- Back pain
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling of fullness
- Sleep disturbances including bouts of insomnia or trouble either getting to sleep or staying asleep
According to the American Heart Association, about 90 percent of people who suffer out-of-hospital cardiac arrests
die. CPR, especially if performed immediately, can double or triple a cardiac arrest victim’s chance of survival. Click on this link to CPR training from the American Heart Association.
Survive, Don’t Drive – Call 911
- Find A Doctor
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiac Rehab
- Child Life Services
- Chest Pain Awareness
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Emergency Care
- Imaging Services
- Mother & Baby
- Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- Physical Therapy & Rehab
- Pinnacle Peak Pharmacy
- Stroke Receiving Facility
- Stroke Signs & Symptoms
- Surgical Services
- WorkPoint Occupational Medicine