Don’t bike in pain - get a custom bike fit.
Castleview Bike Fitting is a new service offered by Paul Smith, PT, DPT (doctor of physical therapy) and certified bike fitter at Castleview Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine in Price, Utah.
Paul will custom fit your bike to your personal anatomy so that you can enjoy riding at your top performance without pain. As a licensed physical therapist, he will account for the body’s biomechanics, muscle strength, and flexibility that may be limiting you. A bike fit will decrease your odds of injury, recover from your current injury, increase your power and efficiency. Make riding your bike fun again and get a custom bike fit by a musculoskeletal specialist.
Call 435.636.4841 to schedule or to learn more.
Why a bike fit from a physical therapist?
Reasons for any bike fit (taken from lecture from Richard Schultz bike fitting educator):
- Better enjoyment of riding your bike
- More comfort riding your bike
- Better safety
- Better pedaling efficiency/effectiveness
- Better performance
- Decrease rider fatigue
- Reduce chances of Injury
- Decreases chances of pain and numbness
Reasons to get a Bike Fit by a PT:
- Most Bike fitters become certified after a series of educational courses. They may have a background in cycling, fitness, or as a bike mechanic.
- A physical therapist (PT) has specialized education and training as a musculoskeletal specialist who understands the biomechanics of the body. They are able to not only bike fit, but also identify joint, muscle, tendon, and nerve imbalances or injuries that may be affecting your riding. A PT can also provide the education and treatment to go hand in hand with your bike fit to overcome your pain and injuries.
PROFESSIONAL BIKE FIT (MTB, Road, or Gravel) $175
2.5 to 3 hrs
Follow-up within 6 months $50
NICA HIGHSCHOOL/MIDDLE SCHOOL MTB FIT $125
2.5 to 3 hrs
Follow up within 6 months $50
CLEAT FIT $75
$ 125 CANCELATION FEE WITHIN 24 HRS OR NO-SHOW